it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's October (and something about breakfast)

Sunday shopping brought me face to face with the spirit of the season. The local grocer was having a competition for the biggest pumpkin, had a sculptor carving a fancy face. I was inspired to cook, I'm hoping costumes, decorations come soon. It's been a while since I've felt the Halloween spirit.



Tonight, I was inspired to put together some potato pancakes. We've still got potatoes in the ground, the purple type that J likes. I've got the lowdown here:

Step 1: cut potatoes, admire purple color (if applicable)


cut potatoes:


Also, chop onion & add, with egg, to a food processor. Beat 'til frothy:


Add the potatoes:


If you have chives, add them too:


Once everything is all mixed together, pour into a bowl and add some flour, salt & pepper:


Let sit for 15 minutes. Or... put in the refrigerator overnight.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home