it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

up late

I'm supposed to have gone to sleep almost an hour ago. I am trying to relax and get ready for tomorrow. I should put away the computer & after this short note, I'll do it.

I'm angling to go to a pumpkin farm this weekend. If it rains, we may defer until there's better weather - or we can dress for the weather. It's raining now - I can hear the pit-pat on the roof. We planted heaps of shrubbery this year, so the rain is a relief. It will be a long time before we need to water our plants!

That's not to say there isn't a lot of work left to be done in the garden. I've been asking around about how to "put the garden to bed" and folks have generously shared their advice. All I know is that the dahlias that always show up so late in the season are laying all over the cute little geranium and the strawberries are growing into the spinach bed. Yeesh! I've been out in the afternoons, weeding - J has too, but without a coordinated effort, it'll all go crazy with weeds. We've still got potatoes in the ground and a few crops to carry on over winter. We're getting the hang of the garden, which is terrific.

So, the pancakes. This morning, I got up later than I expected. The scramble we made was terrific, but the pancakes were undercooked. The bits I ate were flavorful, but I'm no fan of eating undercooked food. I baked some of them tonight and had them with a little sour cream. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home