it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Marathon news:

working on count down schedule
bought weird gel things to eat while running
am aiming to just run for fun this week
should review course & options

Feeling's-wise I'm dreading this week. I tend to wish I were farther along in knowledge for anything I start doing - as a result, I feel poorly prepared.

It's funny, I began training for a marathon to tweak my workout schedule & give myself something to aim for, to make it interesting. I still feel open to stopping if I feel in danger of injury. But, in contrast to that practical concession, I've found myself thinking about wanting to do more than just go in and "survive" the marathon. Our friend Richard suggested this might happen, that I might start feeling more competitive as the race approached. I want to "place" or fall in to a cool "class" - something that allows me to feel more like a jock.

Wanting to do really well in the marathon (really well in this case indicating a performance beyond my current ability) and, at the same time, feeling poorly prepared = dynamic tension, I guess.

Jason and I are heading out for a run, more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home