it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bits & Pieces

Got back from camping late Sunday - we were at Wish Poosh, I've posted photos here. We had a great time, J hiked up Paddy-Go-Easy with Jory - I've done the hike twice & not been especially good company. So I went with the rest of our crew to to Cooper Lake & did a much shorter hike instead. Click here for some views of the surrounding area, scroll down to see Cooper lake - it's the fifth pic down on the left.

Mantle bliss

The short hike we did ran us right through a creek, where we met the first of many fly fisher folk. Here's a pic of the trail through the itty-bitty creek:

itty-bitty creek

I'm so glad to be back home & have started to feel more productive. It's touch & go, last week was all about bringing myself to a complete standstill. I forget I need to be still, and I believe it's good for me on occasion, but it's alarming nonetheless.

I'm heading out to a coffee shop, to review my plans for the rest of the week & then get some errands done. We're going up to Vancouver, BC later this week & to the racetrack for a birthday party this weekend, so I can't put off everything thinking there's plenty of time...

Shout out to all our peeps in NC. We miss being with you this summer!! Nothing's better than spending lazy afternoons watching the Tour de France & seeing everyone hanging out at dinner.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Hi, I found your blog searching for Holden Beach, Could you recommend any accomadations for there or surrounding areas. My family and I usually visit Nags Head, but we decided to switch up this year, All help will be appreciated! ~Cristie~Spruce Pine, NC

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Hi Cristie - you can rent a house at Holden, which makes the stay very pleasant. I'm not sure what the pricing is, but if you've got 4 or more folks, it could be comparable to staying at one of the beach hotels. I searched at the Alan Holden site for houses next week & turned up about 5 for prices between roughly $700-$1200 for a week's stay. Here's the link: http://www.holden-beach.com/vrmgr/search/SearchResults.aspx

    If economy is your game & you like to camp, I've heard good things about the campsite/rv park that is on the beach - it's literally on the beach, which is great.

    There's only one hotel online (http://thewinds.com/) - They go into a fair amount of detail about their rooms with a simple search.

    Good luck, it's a great place to visit. Don't remember if I wrote about the highlights, but you can kayak - take your family go-kart racing and there's even an internet cafe, if you can't bear to be offline.

    Regards

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home