it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Studio Visit

I'm working on a new site & so got some studio photos taken for it Friday. Since I enjoy the photography myself, I was looking forward to a glimpse into how a professional does it. Well, I'm pleased to say his studio was at a totally different level.

As I walked around the studio, I took in boxes of equipment, the various lighting set ups, the stark (easy to keep clean) white walls and floor. I couldn't help but do the math for all of the equipment & thought that J should say a little prayer that, although I maintain a painting studio & have good camera equipment, I don't need anywhere near the amount of set up and equipment I saw there.

The photos he took came out great. I'm stalling this evening on a few outstanding projects, including the content for the new site, an updated contact list and a freshly scrubbed content list for another web project. It's great to have the photos done.

My weekend has been a blur - I've been researching and re-writing for long stretches of each day. J says I'm crabby & I know it's true. I'm excited about what's going on with work, with life - but definitely need to get back to a better balance of working and focusing on home.

I've been listening to Bonnie Prince Billie & Del lately. J has passed the new Spoon album on and it's really good. Movie-wise, I'm still waiting for Rescue Dawn to come out on DVD, not thinking too much about the recent crop of new flicks.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Eero said…

    Hi,
    I've always been intimidated by paying a whopping amount to get an art site set up. I took a web design class (awesome to learn the nuts and bolts of it all...) but I'm putting up a quickie yahoo site next month just to do it.....I think of it as a 'starter' site.

    Send me the link when yours is up! I look forward to seeing it!
    E.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home