it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, May 07, 2007

On domesticity...

It's late & I'm finishing up ironing. That's right, ironing. J made food for the week while I took care of the laundry, after he worked on the yard; the spinach, potatoes, asparagus, artichokes & various herbs from last season. He's got loads to plant & I'm ready to help, now that things are beginning to roll.

I'm heading in early tomorrow, my electronic building key is ready & so I have access to everything I need to get the job done. Last week was a primer, now I'm in for a proper work week. I'm looking forward to it - have asked J to consider a trip to the peninsula to clear our heads as soon as we clear out of work this Friday.

The last few days have been busy, though J tried as much as he could to stay home. Saturday was all about cats & birthdays - the Average Joe Cat Show happened & Paloma enjoyed it, mostly - & Michael had a beautiful birthday, croquette & bbq and friends, friends, friends. Sunday was all about May Day. A close friend recently got engaged & hanging out with her & our crew was like drinking champagne; dizzying and joyous.

This last week was terrific. The highlight, beyond work, was going to Mt. Vernon to see a show by a good friend's mom. She is a terrific artist & it was great to see her work again. Another friend, Eero, had an opening this Friday & even though I wasn't there, it was so good to find out how it went & see the photos.

Here are a few pictures:

working in the garden after we danced
garden work May Day

after the candles
Happy B-day Michael

3 weeks old
3 weeks old

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Eero said…

    Hey...nice garden!

    I am tagging you! See my blog for the rules to the "Seven Strange Facts About Me" list. I hope you do it! I bet you've got fun things to tell....


    E.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home