it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Friday, April 27, 2007

Back to work

Had a great day today & a great week overall. Next week I begin a full time job after quite a while focusing on health & working part time. I've tried to get the house together so it's easy to maintain & spent time in the studio and had the last few Jr. Mom moments.

I'm excited to get back into a groove. I have been daydreaming about what working can bring to the table in terms of resources. This year, especially, I've noticed opportunities I've had to pass up - just came across a photo workshop in Oaxaca with Mary-Ellen Mark this summer, as a for instance. It's been at least a year since we've travelled apart from much needed visits home. I miss working trips. I'm daydreaming now & that'll do. At least I can still track friends' trips in the meantime.

Can't tell what the weather will be like this weekend, but I do know that gardening is on the list of todo's. I will do a reading or two & again, weather permitting, we'll have a beach fire. Good weekend, everyone!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Friends trips:

    Iceland, Prague, Vienna - that's all I know about for May. A pal just got back from NYC, another is heading to NC for an arts scholarship, another in June will take a river trip in Utah...

    Seriously, I take true vicarious pleasure in just knowing these trips are happening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home