it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, March 24, 2007

When life is full...

Spring in Seattle is a rainy affair. I'm heading out with my pal, Moll, to a museum tomorrow after realizing our afternoon at the sculpture garden will be a bit much, considering the weather. Moll and I schedule monthly dates throughout the year & recently were able to reconnect after a year or two of missing each other.

This evening, I'm testing a database mailing system I'm managing on a volunteer basis. After a few false starts, I've sent out the first email test for a big email blast early next month. This is a kick off, of sorts. I'm pushing to move to a new system & so am very interested in the results.

Today, J & I spent time getting the house back together after returning from our trip back east last week. We had the best time in North Carolina, celebrating his mom's birthday. Every day back east was a treat - the birthday stretched from one day to a "birthday season", we got to visit with the imediate family, grandparents, J's uncle and took many walks through Cape Fear's amazing wetlands.

While we were gone, J focused on getting our spring planting plan set up. He'd already cut back the grape vines, weeded the asparagus bed and the artichokes thus far - while I focused on pruning and ornamental plantings. We're hoping to increase our harvest this year; more carrots, potatoes, greens and the like. It would be nice to have more to share.

Before I left, I got a call saying my surgery was canceled for now. The doctor I'm working with sees potential she can't dismiss & although it points to a long slog down the line, it's very good news for me.

Finally, I looked online for & received news about the boyfriend I referred to two posts below - unfortunately, the news was that he passed away 17 years ago. His niece wrote me with the details - how he was to her as an uncle and how as an organ doner he saved the lives of more than one person when he died. The fact that he is gone came as a shock to me - but as I rifled through old letters from friends & family and photos from the past - in search of something meaningful to send back her way - I was overwhelmed by an undeniable sense of forgiveness, along with the realization that he had a full life & is loved very deeply by his people. I'm not sure what more folks can ask for. I'm grateful to her for sharing so generously. As I wrote to her, I'm glad I knew him.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home