it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Friday, March 16, 2007

ebb & flow

Still in ebb mode, me.

Yesterday, I visited a local public garden which is tucked in a high-end, gated community on the coast. Spring has been a bit chilly, so there were no great shows of plants. An old friend runs the garden & so I got to indulge in my love of horticulture when he ran through the garden's collection of hypatica. They have the world's largest collection & are breeding these lovely, small flowering plants for use in gardens here.

We're getting ready for a trip back to NC to celebrate a family birthday - and are both very much looking forward to it. I'm heading out shortly to look for little treats to bring back. Later today, I'm joining a friend at the largest rummage sale in Seattle. That should be a gas - it's in an airplane hangar & the space they've set up is "as big as two football fields".

No word on surgery dates as of yet. Even so, the odd comfort of fate has set in. I'm getting my house in order, so to speak. As each piece falls into place, so expands a sense of calm.

Here are a few pics from the garden visit:

Trillium in bloom tulips Hepatica