it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunny, instead!

Moll and I had a fabulous time at the sculpture garden afterall!

Here's the Neucom Vivarium, by Mark Dion - it's a "nurse log", a fallen tree that acts as an incubator of sorts for a variety of plant life. I've not yet been inside, but took this pic today:
Neucom Vivarium, Mark Dion

Loved catching up with Moll, we spent the hours chatting happily. When I got home, J had just arrived from a long bike ride that ended on the Burke-Gilman trail. He was wiped out, but has been keeping himself busy listening to music tonight. I've been idling on the computer too. I'm hoping to shift gears in April, but don't regret the time I've spent tonight. Got to catch up with Eero, her orchid blossoms are not to be trifled with & I forwarded along her artist recommendation to a pal in Chicago. I was also able to confirm that the bakery Nerd's Eye View was referring to is indeed the one with the tasty baguette I enjoyed over at the Gulassa's a few months ago. So, time well spent afterall...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Eero said…

    Hi---what friend in Chicago? Recommendation? Moi?
    I'm happy for your surgery delay. Anything like that is such a huge
    and irrevocable decision.
    I hope the alternative(s) are much easier and better for you.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Hiya- My pal who writes this blog: http://blogojevich.blogspot.com/

    The recommendation was actually from the post you wrote on wearable sculptures by the artist Nick Cave: http://sweet-pixels.blogspot.com/2007/03/great-art.html

    Thought it would be something J & I could do together with Drew
    if we get out to Chicago.

    I'm also happy for the surgery delay. I find out next week what the new plan may be...

    Looking forward to seeing your new show develop & congratulations on the scholarship!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home