it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring is here

Just got back from Jr. Mom'ing with Paloma & Jennifer. We went to the park & P played on the swings & slide & practiced her balance. She did very well. Each day starts out super damp around here, but the sky was bright blue & the clouds were not obscuring the sun at all.

P at work:
Paloma works construction

I went out to windowshop for bulbs & plants for the garden yesterday. Between heading to a local nursery & pruning forsythia + magnolia branches to brighten our house up - I've got a real hankerin' for the beauty of spring. Since I'm not on the East Coast anymore, I'm asking folks back there to think of making the trek to Longwood Gardens, the botanical gardens on the mall in DC or the National Arboretum - just knowing someone back home may be going to those places warms my heart.

Here are two pictures of pretty plants out here:

forgot to get a name for this flower

magnolia blossom in the window

That is all for now...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remind me to arrange a tour of the gardens next time your home. I know all those people...grin. BTW todays daily rag had a link to the Joon Rhee ads..grin.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Jhoon Rhee! I loved those commercials!

    I will hold you to the offer - just have to get back home in the spring :>

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Eero said…

    Hey! Can't post pix of pretty flowers without names! Not fair!

    Especially the blue/white one...gotta know what that is...

    E.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Lillian said…

    That's totally fair. After a bit of digging, I'm pretty sure I've found it:

    click here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home