it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, January 17, 2005

I painted tonight. Got the drafting table up into the dining room, which I'm taking over as a studio for the cooler Seattle months. Did three paintings, started them anyway. I've pulled an image from earlier as my inspiration, duplicating a photograph from 1993 - in Volunteer Park, facing the Lake View cemetery, where Bruce Li's remains remain.

This was a fun weekend. We helped friends demolish their kitchen Saturday - tearing sheetrock & lath from walls that were coming down anyway - pulling up tile and finding more linoleum underneath - breaking door & window frames after removing the glass. After that, we went to a birthday party...for everyone born in January. Happy birthday everyone born in January! This means you - Barb, Kat, Connie, Dad, Lolly, Tricia and dear lord I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Today was pretty mellow in comparison. I pulled pics from the camera of the recent snowstorm, the above mentioned party & Pearl, Kachi's pet cockatiel. That took a big chunk of the day, then putting the studio together took time, then painting...all that's left is cleaning up the mess in the kitchen & then off to bed.

I'm not posting pics tonight, I'm happy enough to have painted.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Hi Dave,

    I have picks up at Oblique Deck, an MSN Group where I store my portfolio. Here's a link to Thesis work (circa '96): http://groups.msn.com/ObliqueDeck/thesiswork.msnw and another to recent work: http://groups.msn.com/ObliqueDeck/recentworks.msnw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home