it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, July 25, 2005

Fussy

I painted today. Not a lot, but it felt very good. Now, to keep that up through the rest of the week is the goal. Felt fairly luxurious to focus on details. The piece I'm working isn't new, but is very detailed. It's even on canvas, about 2'x3'.

This last week was a doozy. Got to reconnect with folks who I very much loved seeing, got to visit Vancouver, BC for an extraordinary class on Rumi's Mathnawi, got to go to the racetrack. I cleaned the house like a fiend over the weekend, except for my art space.

Instead of cleaning my art space, I had a fit all over Jason. I'm chagrined - but have to note that the fits I have these days are so short-lived, so mild compared to anything I was able to rouse out of myself in days gone by, that I am very, very pleased. The content of the fit? Well, I was going nuts because I wanted everything perfect before I started painting. I'll let y'all figure out how possible that is...

Today's tasks included getting a hat to keep my face out of the sun & then checking out my office & studio. It's amazing how quickly things come together when they are in the way of being creative. I can't wait to FINISH one piece, then another, then another... it will mean the world to me.

It's been lovely here in Seattle. Right around 80 degrees Fahrenheit & breezy. Yesterday, the 3-day Breast Cancer walk (60 miles from Issaquah to downtown Seattle) walked by our house. I noticed a row of port-a-potties in the parking lot across the street on Friday night & thought about sticking around the house the next day - no telling what it meant. The worst of it was around 10am, when the neighbors in the duplexes on either side of our house had rental trucks full of furniture, the cheering squad for the walking women were joined by ambulances, buses and vans of supporters and traffic on our normally busy road was almost at a standstill, while folks tried hard not to hit each other.

More soon...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home