it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bossy

Pics from weekend plant work follow:





Daisies that are alabaster white on the interior petals and smoky lavender on the outside, primroses that look like roses with flecks of gold on the petal edges, violas that are pale & sweet, trailing plants with delicate, tiny blossoms and ornamental sweet potatoes with dark purple leaves - beautiful colors in the containers in the front & back of the house. Lovely to hear the rain this morning & awaken to see plants energized and bright with water droplets on the leaves and blossoms.

I also weeded the container with the pretty pink and salmon cone flowers, which are growing back nicely from last year. This house has cone flowers growing around the patio & geraniums growing back already - primroses aplenty & flowers practically everywhere ya look.

On to bossy: I'm still backtracking - the picture cds are done, but not in the mail. The studio feels like a space built for me, but is far from functional. I'm going through my things to see what I need vs. what I bought impulsively & is now just taking up space. I've spent a week watching what I'm doing & as opposed to the last several months, I've stuck to the goals I've set - achieved a good portion of them.

My thinking these days is less tied up in the brutal-ish mania of overproductivity I still read about & admire on the web. I've dropped coffee, caffeine rather, and have done the same with cigarrettes and overall feel more solidly grounded in just what my body can provide on it's own.

Since I'm gearing up for hard work I can't quantify on the outset (readings, studio work on a production scale & studying) I'm nervous that the habits I built in the last 5 years will resurface as I engage. That's where bossy comes in. I'm acclimated to pushing myself & need to see what that looks like without crutches. At any rate, it looks like I'm back in business.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home