it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, October 15, 2007

start at the beginning

It's been a whopper of a weekend - J got hurt & has been down for the count (and will remain so for the next day at least), I've been helping him out and doing double-time - two astro readings this weekend and the rest of the content for the new site. I'll send word when it's all live & purty.

It's been foggy each morning & if we weren't running to the ER or trying to get somewhere in a hurry, it would've been a fine time for a camera.

Last Thursday the Sculpture Alumni Invitational opened at Cornish, my alma mater. Other J had a piece in the show, which was smashing (The show & her piece), along with H & other alumni who rocked. I got to reconnect with several professors, which was really lovely. It's so hard to believe it's been over ten years since I graduated.

Eero's show opened last week. There is just something so rewarding about alumni who are still doing good work & getting shows off the ground. Simply lovely to see.

I've been so swamped with wacky work hijinks and the new site that my artwork doesn't stand a chance. I miss it so, but am resolved to do one thing at a time. I am so excited to get projects underway and see them manifest. I'm confident that my art will fall into that category when the time is right.

I am wiped out & hate waking up after staying up so late the night before. This has been happening increasingly lately & I really need to put a stop to it. While I'm up, I could stay up forever. But it's really not worth it in the end.

So, I'll leave it there. J's been reading Hotel New Hampshire & if he were up, I know he'd read out loud to me. As it is, I'll finish folding the last of the laundry, hit the lights & hit the hay.

Hope you all have a great week!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home