it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Jason pointed out that having someone over to clear clutter in our home leaves me burnt out & him in the dark about what's gone where in his absence. He's right on both counts. My take on being burnt out is more akin to cauterizing - both sterilizing and concluding - my focus on the past. Regarding the latter point - we've agreed to use this disorientation to stir discussion about how we want the house to be...

We spent a large part of today addressing that question. In addition to having spent 3 hours clearing through old art supplies, hanging canvas to create a "room" for my garage studio & separating the give-aways from the garbage downstairs - Jason and I spent a few hours cutting boxes into recycle-able chunks & loading the car with broken lamps & stereos. I hauled the lot to the dump & brought the car back in time for Jason to go grab our week of groceries. Today was chore day, without a doubt.

It didn't end there - or hasn't, rather. I got to spent time in my newly warm & beautifully organized art studio. After scanning for a while, the latest photos are web ready & up at Oblique Deck. That's pics from Orcas Island, where our ride to the top of Mt. Constitution yielded views that made me feel like I was on the top of the world & the hike we took had surprisingly varied terrain and was super satisfying. There are pics from the visit with Matt at New Years, though not truly representative - I haven't scanned all of those pics in yet... But we did take a detour through a greenhouse that was inspiring - the plants against the yellow light on the panes of glass were enough to get me to empty the polaroid camera. Those pics are up.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home