it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I'm on my way out to the annual astrological conference. Managed to get a run in this morning. One day away from finishing the first week of training. My time this morning was better than it has been at the gym - 11:30/mile. This week's goal is 15 miles total. The way we've mapped it out, I have one more week to muck about before locking in to a fairly rigid schedule. Here's where I got my schedule: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-51-56-0-633,00.html.

I'm training with a friend at work. So far, we've run at the gym. I'm beginning to see the drawbacks of gym only training. For one, the equipment points resolutely toward big screen tv's. At 6:30 in the morning, news is the only game in town & no matter what I do, I'm confronted with gruesome news programs and chipper anchor folk.

Jason and I mapped out runs in our neighborhood and - just for fun - mapped a run to the new downtown Seattle Public Library, built by Rem Koolhaas of the Rotterdam firm, OMA. That's 15 miles, round trip, from our place. The library looks swell, the interior we could see looks well thought out -- Jason & I got there after closing, so making the round inside the library will be another adventure.

Gotta run...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home