it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Friday, October 29, 2004

I tried to blog last night - started with a shout out to those triumphant BoSox, carried on with my ongoing lethargy & frustration with not getting to do art. Then, my computer died on me. Completely. So I gave up on a post & hit the hay.

Tonight I had planned to clean out my studio storage & now I see that'll have to wait for another day (or two).

The only cool announcements I have are as follows:
a. I wrote the former ceo of the co. I work for today, to ask if I could high five him for charity. I got turned down by his admin., but am glad I asked.
b. I get to check out the electoral votes as they come in on election night & am helping out at work with that reporting.

and now, a neruda poem. It's my favorite, in fact.


OH EARTH, WAIT FOR ME
Pablo Neruda

Turn me oh sun
towards my native destiny,
rain from the ancient forest,
return to me the fragrance and the swords
that fall from the sky,
the solitary peace of field and rock,
the moisture at the margins of the river,
the scent of the larch,
the wind, alive like a heart
beating among the remote flock
of the great araucaria.

Earth, return to me your pure gifts
the towers of silence that rose
from the solemnity of their roots:
I want to return to being what I have not been,
learn to return from such depths
that amongst all the things of nature
I could live or not live: no matter
to be one more stone, the dark stone,
the pure stone that is carried by the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home