it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Some news articles:
Karl Rove in a Corner the Atlantic Online
Advances in science

Snippet from Jon Stewart on Crossfire:
"STEWART:I made a special effort to come on the show today, because I have privately, amongst my friends and also in occasional newspapers and television shows, mentioned this show as being bad. "
(LAUGHTER)
BEGALA: We have noticed.
STEWART: And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America.
(LAUGHTER)
CARLSON: But in its defense...
(CROSSTALK)
STEWART: So I wanted to come here today and say...
(CROSSTALK)
STEWART: Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys.
CARLSON: Yes. STEWART: Stop.
(LAUGHTER)
STEWART: Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.

It's worth a read.

I'm burning a cd, trying to do a few mixes actually. I've got heaps of things to mail today & I'm trying to see if I can get a cd out before I send everything out. I'm also hoping to get a few things framed today.

My timing has been off this week. Dunno if it's the marathon, though the bulk of my off-ness seems to be stemming from my extreme sleeping. I've been clocking some 12 hour nights. I guess I must be tired.

Another time consuming thing has been watching DVDs. I've tried to make time spent watching useful too, but that's a losing premise. We're watching the first season of Six Feet Under. It's well written, shocking and I do enjoy the weird, dead people interacting with the living. We have Midnight Cowboy, but after Easy Rider last week, I need a break from that confrontive social melodrama, late 60's/early 70's style. I can't tell if it's because I feel like they got so much wrong or if I am surprised to see threads of stories that are timeless outsider metaphors.

Just finished the CD & am heading down to see if framing is in my near future.

tracks:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home