it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, May 07, 2005

About my father

Called Dad again today, he's home from surgery for a week, then a bypass. Last night I was a massive wreck, slammed on all sides by what could be or should be done when one's father is facing heart surgery. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to give him what I would give anyone I love who is facing what he is facing.

After a few hours of brain churning, I gave in to my dramatic mood swings & took some sleeping pills. When 26 years of not speaking to my dad crashed into me, I figured that the best course of action was to not overreact.

A night of sleep did me well. J & I are hosting three musicians for this weekend's zikr & that's a beautiful gift to offer. The house is clean, everything is prepared for their arrival. I'm hopping into the shower now, then we head over to start the festivities.

Dad will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home