it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Back that thang up

We're home from N.C., after a beautiful wedding, with beautiful bride & groom. I wish them the best, from the bottom of my heart!

Jason is playing a cd he's preparing for one of my four favorite nieces (there are three favorite nephews, for those interested in keeping track). Paul Rucker's elegant composition fills the air of our home.

I got to see my mom, sister & brother-in-law - always a treat, even in my distracted state at the wedding & reception. The guest list was replete with Bennett's, Benditz', Rogers & more, which made for a non-stop (and too little sleep) weekend. We all clean up beautifully, which I'll be poring over in photograph form this week.

It's chilly in Seattle, no 80+ degree weather to saturate my very fair skin. I missed the photo of the osprey that I wanted to take, but am left with sun in my hair and skin, so can't really complain.

Looks like the world went on without us. A confusing retraction from Newsweek greeted me as I read through the blogs I regular keep track of. Either we (US) did or didn't descecrate the Quran via the creative interrogation techniques at Abu Graib. Newsweek reported the rumor, that the rumor is the cause of the riots. And now they are retracting. My head spins with the kow-towing to the current administration. Call me nutty, but blaming the media seems like the party foul here, not the media itself.

Ok, looks like it's back to work for me. I've missed my co-workers & can't wait to see what this week brings.

Onward.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home