it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bashville, USA

Tonight's adventure: I went to the Henry Art Gallery's Bashville bash. I missed the auction preview, but got to catch up with old friends, teachers & took a very few pics of the cowboy themed party. DJ Riz spun the sweet tunes & I got a few good pics of him, but haven't purchased the recommended flash & so the rest of the pics are fairly random. I am very grateful that Jen gave me the ticket, what a swell gal!

I've loaded the rest of the Emerald Downs race track here.



I went to an herbalist this week, next week is the physical therapist & the nutritionist. I'm still working on my physical health & got a lot of good information from the herbalist. A few more walks around greenlake per week, maybe some yoga & weight training should do the trick.

The painting I'm working on has moved forward significantly. I'm ready to wrap it up, but not in a hurry. I plan on painting tomorrow & hope to move on to a new piece in this next week. It was great to reconnect with folks who can speak to what they see in my work. Tonight's event was really good.

J is in Bend this weekend, camping with friends. I've rented movies to watch while I work. I enjoyed 's Porco Rosso & Castle in the Sky. I'm watching Arsenic & Old Lace just now. I am fond of classics, remembering going with Mom to the AFI theater to watch her favorites when I was young.

Labels: , , , ,