it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Study Time

Good progress on my painting, although I'm still stalling for no good reason. The cactus is coming along nicely.

I've posted some photos from the races here, although you'll have to scroll through 23 photos to get to the new pics. My bad, really. But editing isn't coming along, not at all.



Studying was the name of the game today. I checked in with a friend who came to visit, on notes from last week's class in the Mesnevi & then checked election credits at Kepler. Finally, I went on with the painting - then dinner & now I'm heading out to meet with pals to chat & talk about stuff we can do together, studywise.

Today has been very good, like walking across a tightrope over a street about 30 stories down -- if you're good at that sort of thing. It felt important to gather myself, to be focused & intentional. Like I'm operating on a different kind of fuel. I talked with J about this & he agreed that things feel like this.

So, a glass of wine sloshing in the belly, I'm on my way out the door. My schedule for today worked. In the words of the Mayor of Deadville, "huzzah!" and in the words of Martin Luther King, "It is something that runs the whole gamut of life, so before we condemn (those who want to be first), let us say we all have the "drum major instinct", the desire to be important, to leave a mark & not judge them".

toodles.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home