it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Booking time

Terrific fun this week, that I can truly use. J left this morning for NYC & called just an hour ago, having finally arrived at the hotel around 2am local time. Effendi was sitting out front he said & I thought about the time difference between NY & Hawaii - it's not even 10pm now (around midnight in Seattle).

This morning's trip to get J & others to the airport was sweet. There's nothing like dropping off three guys who are focused on spiritual goals. Combine the excitement that they will be appearing at Lincoln Center & the sky is really the limit. I'm very happy to help them & proud.

Then, after a nap this afternoon, I joined Brian & Yann for a dance extravaganza featuring the music from the 80's. J has caught me up on what I missed of the music of that decade, while I was a bike courier, letting me know the significance of Guns'n'Roses, among others. I was told that while the dance themes would be broad, this time they would be shallow & the performance did fit that description. Considering that the last dance performance I attended was conducted in pitch black darkness, with the audience viewing via night vision goggles & monocles, it was useful to have my expectations reset.

The show was fun & surprising - the sensibility was very much "14 yr old dancing alone in front of a mirror", but done professionally. When the show ended, I dropped Yann & Brian off, heading home to see if J had called.

Now I'm sitting at the computer, while Jema the cat tugs at her scratching post. I keep saying that her "sap is rising" because for a cat she's being really demanding these days. Spring is completely sprung and that's got to affect a cat, even in her late 80's.

I'm hoping to make it to the zoo tomorrow, to get shots of the animals - but it's very cold & rainy, so I'm not pinning my hopes on that. Later, I'll meet with friends to talk about volunteering - although it may be a wake up call for me as my friends are all parents who do heaps of things for their various aged children, not exactly heaps of free time there, but still I get tremendous amounts of good things from being with them.

Then Sunday, I think early, J comes back. I forgot to ask him if he'd like me to meet him at the airport, but it's likely that if I get the final flight info, I'll just head down there unasked.

I've had such a wonderful time this week. Jessica and I took a long bike ride along the Burke Gilman trail & Richie let me take time to walk through the Elizabeth Miller Garden. He also came by to help us figure out what to do with our yard & so I've been a bit plant-drunk as a result. Fortunately, he reminded me that the garden he works at is especially beautiful because it has a $4k/annual budget, 2 full-time gardeners & a team of volunteers -- which is distinctly unlike, um, my yard. The week, though, was fantastic.

Anyway, I feel like I'm seeing the shift toward work & am filling time with lovely & productive projects until I can finish the construction of a useful week, month, year...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home