it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Friday, April 21, 2006

Weekend plans

The rain has returned, and J and I are expecting a delivery of 8 yards of compost mulch to cover the part of our roughly 400 square foot garden that we want to keep free of weeds while we get our bearings as gardeners. We've already benefitted from the vegetables that were planted before we arrived here. Fresh asparagus is a treat & I guess we can harvest it twice more, if we're lucky.

My job today is to corral enough cardboard to cover the grassy areas that are encroaching on the beds that we've not planted yet. I'm also heading over to D.D.s to help out with her launch party for her new business. I'm glad everything is indoors today - I'll be working in the rain this weekend, so this will be my treat.

Well, just got off the phone & it looks like I'll be prowling around Home Depot, Costco, etc. to corral enough cardboard. Ah well, I guess having it delivered woulda been a bit too much to expect.

Art studio update: Nothing to report here, but wanted to post that I'm still doing art, still have art on the brain.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home