it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

slowed down

It's been a while since I've posted - got some news about my health that caught me off guard. Nothing terrible, but through it I realized how tired I've been & how much I've been pushing to get beyond that.

Things have been going well - it's been uncharacteristically hot in Seattle, which has been nice. Our garden has exploded with rasberries, artichokes & blueberries are a few weeks away. There are already a few ripe blackberries on the vine. Each weekend, we've been able to host garden parties where folks have shown up, we all make food (and get some from the garden) and while some gardening goes on, there's lots of relaxing and music.

J is out biking - he called from the road to say that he's enjoying the ride, on a trail that heads north to Everett. He also said I wouldn't enjoy the ride right now 'cause it's a slog, lots of slow uphill lengths. We're heading out when he gets back - bbq & fireworks being the order of the day.

It's a busy summer - lots of good times all around.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home