it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, May 31, 2004

It's getting late & I'm not done with my evening quite yet. Today was a treat, Tiger Mountain was pretty & the house sure cleaned up handsomely, a nice capper for a long weekend.

While perusing the usual blogs, I saw Drew's post on Christopher Walken. I remember seeing Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter, remember how shocking his character's choices were to me, how affecting. In the article, Christopher Walken talks about how he called on the trauma of camp to help him capture the despair of his character's final scenes. His description: ''It was just awful. It was in the Poconos. I remember being so miserable. I was really in despair. To me, the end of that movie is just like camp.'' Camp.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home