it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Now this...

Funny thing, being an alumni. I've been an alumni for...um...9 years now and have updated the school once or twice in that time.

A few days ago I signed up for the school forum. I received a letter asking for my maiden name, years I attended, etc. & replied right away. Then I got this:

"It looks like your shy one course in Western Civilization.

Please don’t hesitate to give me a call if you like. If you are interested in finishing this last requirement, I can help you make arrangements to take the class here or at another accredited institution, after which the course can be transferred back..."

It's like a fiendish marketing plot. I can just twist my neck enough to see the degree I received - I can roam my hard drive for the pictures of our charming, small-ish graduation ceremony and, ironically, I have all of the recordings of the Western Civ classes I took - mainly because the instructor annoyed me so. And yet, now, I'll have to wander through my files to confirm the degree req's from '96 & the form I kept that tracked when I completed each. Funny stuff... "If you are interested in finishing this last requirement"... hmmm...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Lillian said…

    Aha!

    After a week of chit chat with the admin - we've discovered that I DID graduate & that my name change in '96 just prevented the data from falling under one school record. I'm all set now & don't have to return those memories, that degree, etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home