it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Surface tension

Latest favorite lyrics - reminds me of the importance of being present...

"i bet you're hoping that your heart will send up the white flag this time --
or some sign that the coast is clear"

Here for now

It's been a very eventful week, we got back earlier tonight from the peninsula perseids trip. I clocked six or so meteors - not bad but nowhere near the folks who were able to get back up at 3am to watch them pour down.

We awoke to llamas, which we were told are very curious, sniffing at John's tent and then ours -- but we zipped our tent up when Ursa, the great pyranees local, came to greet us around 6:30am.



Earlier in the week, John got to sit through band practice - visit potential employers for job shadowing - bake bread - camp with llamas and sample artichokes for the first time. I am baffled as to how all of these events coincided with his trip (apart from the one that was custom designed for him) but whaddya gonna do? He's had great experiences & will go home with plenty to think about. I can only say that I wish I had folks direct me to such things when I was 14.

I, myself, am a bit saturated in the stimulation dept. We've been going at a fair clip on a daily basis. My brain just piles thoughts upon thoughts without processing on those occasions. I've had to take time outs during the day just to keep up with the three inhabitants of our home, not to mention catching up with old friends - painting - thinking about a show with other friends and getting ready for another trip - this one to Ashland for a few days retreat next week. I may act like I'm on retreat starting this week, just to give my brain time to process.

Pics from August are here, I'm off to check in on the guys.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home