it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Saturday, October 22, 2005

"Confessed faults are half mended"

Scottish proverb, that. I'm running late for an opening - thought I'd drop a quick note.

We're in the new place, have been for a week -- but tomorrow will rent another truck to get the "last" of our household items. I think it's natural to stop moving when you've filled your house & so we're actually picking up things that will overstuff. We'll get through it tho... keep in touch for the garage sale notice.

I've been peeping the stats and want to clear something up. Lot's of returns are pointing folks to this site for "slept on neck wrong". Just in case those folks are showing up here, may I recommend that you search under "neck pain"? Here's a link to get you started: http://www.google.com/search?complete=1&hl=en&lr=&q=neck+pain

A phrase I know in Turkish: Yavash, yavash. Means "slowly, slowly". Our schedule precludes that approach, but it's so satisfying to attempt it. Jason's been reading my Edward T. Hall & loving his assertion that some cultures live in "polychronic" time - the opposite, I think, of working against a clock. Like having dinner in an Ethiopian joint -- you should gather to talk with your friends, not rush through dinner & on to the next thing.

Ok, times up... time to get crackin'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home