it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Friday, August 19, 2005

Fewer words, shorter syllables

So not in a good mood tonight. J just got home from band practice & I got a sore throat while trying to put words to the sediment encrusted feelings that prevented clear action for me today. The closest I could get to a useable description included imagery of a donkey, digging heels in and trailing those heel marks behind it.

The last few days have passed in a haze of house cleaning, naps at odd times & staring at piles of paper that I will (with my stare) to file themselves. There have been e-mails to wrap up loose ends and other things tossed into the garbage. I've been restless & withdrawn, which I'm ostensibly ok with but it's a drag considering how beautiful it's been lately and how much I want to get done that isn't bare bones practical. It also makes it tough to converse with folks, hence the title.

Started reading Jung's work on synchronicity. So far I get it that he's stating that statistics are only valuable when applied to things in large numbers or simply relative to each other - which leaves a wide gap, statistically speaking, for experiences that fall out of the norm. The guy summarizing Jung's work suggests that Jung proves that astrology and the like don't work on a statistical level. It's good to see this type of analysis in writing & I'm hanging on to the theoretical language as best I can.

I'm reading this book alongside Neitzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra. I'm wandering through, having just reached part two. While surfing on Nietzsche topics online, I came across a story about his tumultuous love of Lou Salome. She wrote about Nietzsche, along with later lovers Rainier Maria Rilke & Freud. Somehow, it makes it easier to read Nietzsche's odd views on women knowing what the women in his life were like.

Sefik Can wraps up the trio of books I've been reading. Persia in the 1200's is fascinating reading. The formalities of Rumi's life, the details and intricacies take a few re-readings to absorb the meaning. I'm reading it with a bunch of other folks, arguing & debating really. That helps with the deciphering.

Apart from the above pursuits, I'm working on detoxing, on refining my diet. Nothing drastic, just adding cod liver oil to my diet, along with a few other teas & vitamins. But that alone is tough and it was too tough to continue while John was here. So, I'm feeling a bit goofy struggling with getting back on track and it doesn't make it any easier that I choose this topic to clam up on, not letting folks know what I need. There's plenty of precedent for that, I know. Food is such a social thing and social things can be fragile. It's sometimes easier to not disclose what you're eating or not eating when there's food prepared already & it's close to time to go.

Did I mention that I deleted photoshop from my computer & my cd drive is still not working? There's that happening now too.

Grumpy, me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home