it's all under the surface

journal entries & current projects

Monday, October 31, 2005

cleaning up

Today we went over the list of things that the landlord should know about the old place. It's been cleaned, mostly. We didn't get to the fireplace & the basement floor could use waxing, but it's way empty, swept & we're out of there:



It's Halloween at the new place. Intermittant knocks or doorbell ringing have happened all night. I'm taking a break at the computer before launching into an all out attack on the new garage. I've got to finish the work for the show that is less than two weeks away. I feel really good about it, but cannot get to the paint, canvas or anything else.

Which is why it's such a relief to be through cleaning at the old place. I didn't go in today, just visited with the landlord. But I cannot tell you what a drain it has been to have something to go for back there for, night after night. It seemed as if it would never end. And the new place has been needing attention.

I unpacked the kitchen today. It's been mostly habitable - first room really. But I was able to completely unpack it today. There was a pot full of coffee there tonight, along with some dinner. Feels homey. I look forward to getting the rest of the house set up.

Work is still happening. I'm building code for scheduling and it's going well. Very laborious proceedings. Lot's of habits to be shifted around (how is it that people can thrive on such variety - for example: people can write 7:30a, 730, 7:30 am or 7:30 - no big deal, but can excel tell the difference?) and code to test. I've got about a week left. Then another project will begin.

Things are so busy now I can hardly register the quantity. I sleep and get an isolated image or two, when before I would dream whole stories. I go to work & come home and work and either go back again or work more at home. There are good bits & lots of them and I'm grateful, but mostly it's a blur. Perhaps it will be this way until the Turkey trip...

Don't forget to check out the pics on flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/47503589@N00/58350473/

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home